Gravity Brewing Job Openings
Beer Parlor Associate – Gravity Brewing, Louisville, CO
Position Type: Part Time, Weekdays & Weekends
Company Overview: Gravity Brewing is a small and growing craft brewery located in one of the best places to live in America, Louisville, CO. Based on a strong appreciation and knowledge of science and engineering, Gravity Brewing takes the art and technique of brewing quite seriously. Gravity Brewing is always striving to push the envelope of conventional brewing, while maintaining a strong regard for tradition and authenticity. The name Gravity Brewing represents the goal to produce high quality, full flavored ales and lagers; having a product of substance and dignity; the adventure lifestyle enjoyed in Colorado; a sense of our existence in this world; and thought provocation.
Job Description: Gravity Brewing seeks an energetic and passionate Beer Parlor Associate for our progressive and growing Brewery/Tasting Room in Louisville, CO. Responsibilities include day-to-day customer service operations of our Beer Parlor (Tasting Room). As the Beer Parlor represents the public “face” of Gravity Brewing, Beer Parlor Associates are tasked with ensuring that Gravity’s ideals are communicated through guest experiences. This position is open for Weekday and Weekend Tasting Room shifts (fill-in as needed on weekdays). Assisting in wholesale/distribution sales and marketing as needed. Gravity takes pride in the reputation and role it plays in the American Craft Brewing Industry, in the traditional & cutting edge ales & lagers that we brew, the atmosphere we create, and our loyal customers. Gravity upholds a strong commitment to excellence across the board.
- Knowledge of craft beer and the craft brewing industry.
- Exceed customer expectations of Gravity Brewing and to create an emotional bond that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on weekends and fill-in as needed on weekdays.
- Use of cash register and credit card machine.
- Knowledge and explanation of menu items and specials.
- Pouring beer in pints and smaller sample size glasses.
- Filling and cleaning 32 oz and 64 oz growlers.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the beer parlor by sweeping floors, mopping, and straightening/cleaning tables/bar.
- Handling money and keeping accurate tabs.
- Opening & Closing.
- Greeting, interacting with, and educating customers on product/general company information.
- Cleaning glassware using a triple sink and dishwasher.
- Changing kegs when necessary. Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Selling and organizing merchandise.
- Answering the phone and processing orders.
- Assisting in planning and organization of special events and parties.
- Constantly evolving knowledge of Gravity’s ever-changing list of 18+ draft beers.
- Completing side work and cleaning projects.
- As serving alcohol is one of the greatest responsibilities in the hospitality industry, Beer Parlor Associates must exemplify professionalism and mastery of alcohol serving laws.
- Assisting with setup, serving, and breaking down at Beer Festivals (mostly weekends, as needed).
- Wholesale/Distribution sales & marketing, as needed.
Essential Job Skills:
- A great personality is essential! Being outgoing, friendly, and able to carry a meaningful conversation with customers while multitasking.
- Ability to work in a Team Environment: Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work independently and sometimes alone. Self-Learner/Teacher.
- Ability to be calm, flexible, and provide exceptional customer service while working through high-volume situations.
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends(12pm-10pm) and fill-in on weekdays (3pm-10pm).
- Attention to Detail: Holding the highest standard of quality and customer service and never cutting any corners.
- Ability to multi-task: Simultaneously execute/coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- When problems occur, resolve them with minimal disruption to customers. Seek help from a manager or coworker if needed.
- Ability to work a variety of hours as business levels are affected by season.
- Lead by setting a professional and upbeat example.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds, to bend and twist, be on your feet for the entire work shift. The workspace can be crowded and the floor can be slippery so caution with urgency must be practiced.
- Having the writing and math skills necessary to accurately take money and return proper change, complete forms, write orders, draft emails, and perform necessary calculations.
- Strong computer skills. Ability to help with social media and promotion.
- Must hold Tips Certification or obtain prior to starting work.
- Cicerone Certification desired.
- Beer Festival setup, serving, and breaking down experience desired.
- Event planning experience desired.
- Sales/Marketing education and/or experience desired.
Experience/Qualifications: We are looking for a professional and outgoing person with craft beer knowledge/passion who is interested in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a minimum of 1 year experience in the hospitality industry (preferably craft beer). This person should be enthusiastic about being a part of a small but growing craft brewery and the exciting craft beer industry. TIPS and Cicerone Certification desired. Event planning experience desired. Beer Festival setup, serving, and breakdown experience desired. Sales/Marketing education and experience is desired. Ability to work weekends is a must and flexibility to cover shifts on weekdays as needed. This position has potential for growth.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter with the Subject “Beer Parlor Associate” to email@example.com. Please No phone calls or walk-ins.